Tuesday 7 May 2013

Developing Own Interpersonal Skills

Task 1 LO 1.1

Strengths and Weaknesses:

After the group discussion about personal strengths and weaknesses and how they are important to our future write here what you think are your strengths and weaknesses and how you can use them in your career

I think my strenghts are:

  • Working With Others
  • Determination
  • Helpfulness
I think my weaknesses are:

  • Worrying
  • Punctuality 
  • Stressing
  • Time management
    I always try to do my best to be on time with everything, whether that is arriving somewhere on time or handing projects in on time. I'm always willing to help people and am always willing to learn new things myself too. and I also like working withing groups because we can discuss certain topics that we didn't understand firstly

My Time management & Stressing  is my biggest weakness. this is because i live between two places, and it's diffcult cause i travel alot. and also when i'm stressed i automacticly think i'm going to fail because I have so much on me, but it helps me to do some of the work a little at a time so i'm not as stressed. 

Task 2 LOs 2.1


Time Management

a) After the group discussion write here why time management is important.

Time management is important, because it helps you plan anything, from projects to life in general. Having a good sense of time management will help you do the following things:


  • Prioritise correctly
  • Setting certain times and goals (targets) and getting the things done on time (jobs, projects)
  • Meeting deadlines. This is important, because you're responsible for your own reputation, but also for reputations of any of your clients, and they expect the deadlines to be on time. 
b) On a scale of 1-10 (1 being really bad never ever been on time for anything ever!!) mark  on the scale of where you think you are for your own time management

4

C) Describe here how you can improve your time management skills.

As soon as i get a piece of coursework i should start it as soon as i get it this is because i usually think there's not that much to do and when i review what i have to do there is lots of it, and it stresses me out and I worry that i will fail, so i n the future, I'll plan that i'll do it soon as i get it, rather than stressing and getting worked up about it. 

Stress


Symptoms Of Stress

Cognitive
  • Worrying
  • Poor judgment
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Memory issues
  • Lack of motivation

Behavioural


  • Cigarettes/Drugs
  • Nervous habits
  • Isolation
  • Procrastinating

Emotional

  • Depression
  • Irritability
  • Isolation
  • Feeling overwhelmed
  • Mood swings
  • Inability to relax

Physical

  • Crying
  • Aches and pains
  • Sleeping too much/little
  • Eating too much/little
  • Nausea
  • Diarrhoea or constipation
  • Frequent colds
  • Lack of sex drive

Task 3 LOs 3.1:


After the group discussion write here the strategies that you would use for coping with stress:

The first thing I would do is figure out what is causing the stress. and i would try to do someting else to keep my mind of it so I'm not as stressed. 

Critisism

Task 4 LO 4.1


Name here different types of critisism:
  • Constructive
  • Negative
  • Passive
  • Destructive
  • Requested

Task 5 LO 4.1:


Write here how you would deal with critisism

Receiving critisism can sometimes hurt. However, I always try and turn any sort of critisim into constructive critisism and find a way to use it to improve my work so it can be better in the future 

Confidence


Task 6 LO 5.1


Describe here situations where you have been confident or seen other people acting in a confident manner. Ensure that you describe the behaviour that you have seen and what made you think that you or the other person was confident.

I remember standing up for myself when i was bullied in high school, and it's not nice to be hurt just because all people are diffrent, so i was confidence in myself to say enough's a enough, and stood up for myself. 

Body Language

Use this space to write down your thoughts from the discussion

Most of the different types of body language are probably already known by most people. The fact that crossing your arms can mean that you're worried about something, or just cold. 

Another example, biting fingernails, is another one we all probably know. It often means that the person is nervous or that it's simply habit.



Appropriate Behaviour

Task 8 LO 7.1




Describe here how you would respond to: Agressive, passive or assertive behaviour. Give examples of real situations if you can or describe how you think you would respond.

Aggressive

Having the experience as a football supporter, I have many examples where people have been aggressive towards me. In those situations I usually respond with the same aggression. However, other times I deal with aggression in a really calm way. 

Passive

I hate passive behaviour. I simply don't see the point in pretending to be all calm when something annoys me. Or to simply let everyone walk over me because I'm too scared to stand up for myself. That's just not me. 

Assertive

There are simply too many situations where I've discovered this behavior  To be honest, this is the one I respect most. People that say it as it is, without being aggressive about it. However, not many people know how to respond to this properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment